We all know the desktop version of Google Chrome supports extensions that help improve productivity and the web browsing experience. Unfortunately, Google Chrome users on Android don’t get the same treatment. In this blog, we are going to tell you can Install chrome extensions on Android.
But there are several workarounds to this. An easy way is to use a third-party Chromium-based browser, like Kiwi Browser or Yandex and other browsers. This guide shows you how to install Chrome extensions on Android using these browsers.
How to Install Chrome Extensions on Android Using Browsers
1. Kiwi broswer
Kiwi Browser is a web-browsing application that supports Chrome extensions on Android. The browser installs fast and loads up quickly. Here are steps to add Chrome extensions on Android using Kiwi Browser.
- Download kiwi browser from the play store.
- Launch the browser. Tap the three dots at the top-right corner and select Extensions.
- Select the developer mode option
- Input https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions in the URL bar to access the Chrome Web Store.
- Select the extensions you want to add from Chrome Web Store, and an install button will appear next to the extension.
- Once you find the extension, select Add to Chrome. A message will pop up asking if you wish to confirm your choice. Hit OK to install the chrome extensions on Android browser.
To manage the extensions on the browser, hit the three dots in the upper-right corner. Then, select Extensions to access a catalog of installed extensions you can disable, update, or remove with a few taps.
Yandex is another best browser for chrome extensions. This browser is available in the Google Play Store so there’s no need to sideload any files. Yandex also offers full support of the Chrome Web Store. If you want to use Chrome Extensions on your Android device this is a good place to start.
- Install Yandex from the playstore.
- Once installed, tap on the address bar at the top. Type in chrome.google.com/webstore.
- When the Web Store opens, tap the search bar and type the extension you’d like to add.
- Tap ‘Install’ in the upper right-hand corner.
Your extension will now appear in the web browser for you to use whenever you’d like. You can install any of them.
Firefox is well known and for good reason. It has always been a close competitor to Chrome because it is equally fast, more secure and more interested in your privacy. And Firefox is an alternative for Chrome extension on android. It doesn’t have the backing of the internet giant but that hasn’t stopped it from performing exceptionally well.
Firefox for Android supports its own add-ons so offers a very similar experience on Android as it does on desktop. Most Chrome extensions will have a Firefox equivalent so if you have a favorite setup on your laptop or desktop, you can mimic it almost exactly on mobile.
4. Dolphin Browser
There is another browser which supoorts add ons and alternative for chrome extensions on android. It also has an ad blocker and works with Flash too. The internet has moved away from Flash thankfully but if you play any legacy games that use it, Dolphin will play them.
Mobile chrome doesn’t work with extensions in Chrome. Fortunately, you have several good options for alternative browsers that either work with extensions or provide the core services without needing them.
Typically you can get extensions for Chrome from the Chrome Web Store. But, the mobile version of the Chrome browser doesn’t have any. However, You can use browsers which supports chromes extionsions. And there are many browser which have there own add ons and you can use it as a alternative. These browsers are safe for for privacy.
Also read : Best Google Meet Hacks 2021